Engagement rings are a mark of your proposal and most of us want to make the promise of a lifetime in style. While choosing a ring for your lover, you need to be careful about whether your partner would love the ring enough to wear it for a lifetime or not. Well, the first things first. Choose the best diamond that looks stunning and befits your budget. Apart from the selection of diamond you need to go through the types of ring settings and overall styling of it. By choosing a certain style or setting, you can actually accentuate the look of the entire ring, making it extra special for your partner.
Go through the types of ring settings for that perfect proposal:
1) Prong setting: For a classic yet elegant look!
Prong setting diamond rings are the most common yet classic choice for solitaires. In this, the diamond is enveloped by four or six prongs to keep it in place. Also called a claw setting, these kinds of rings highlight the main diamond. It can be customized by adding smaller diamonds on the band.
Why choose prong setting engagement rings?
- This setting keeps the diamond highly secure
- It accentuates the central diamond and its radiance
2) Channel setting: Most preferred engagement rings
This setting aligns the diamonds in a row with horizontal parallel bands forming the girdle. There is no metal separation between the stones giving it a delicate visage and feel. As the gems are sandwiched between the metal bands, they are highly protected which makes the ring last a lifetime.
Why you should go for channel setting rings?
- Ideal for simple yet classic wedding bands
- Smooth surface and finish makes it perfect for daily use
- The diamond settings don’t stuck in hair or clothes
3) Bar setting: Imparts exclusive protection to each stone
In this type, metal bars are placed between each diamond to firmly guard the gem. Metal bars can be across the whole ring or form just a part of the whole ring. These rings display a fresh yet trendy look along with giving complete protection to each stone.
Why go for this setting?
- The girdle of every stone is well guarded
- The surface of each stone has a smooth finish to suit daily wear
- Gives contemporary and modern appeal
4) Bezel setting: for simple rings with snugly metal around the diamond
Here, the diamond is surrounded by a metal rim that conceals the stone’s girdle. The metal rim offers a smooth finish making it a piece that looks posh and timeless. One or more diamonds can fit into this setting to create an amazing ring.
Why go for bezel setting rings?
- Absolute protective covering for the diamond
- Immaculate finishing
5) Gypsy setting: Popular choice for men’s rings!
Here, the diamond is flush-mounted in the middle with the band covering it around. There is no protrusion of the gems with metal band blending into a clean looking engagement ring.
Why it appeals to men?
- Foolproof safeguarding of the stone
- No protruding edges make it convenient for daily wear
- Has classy and suave charm
6) Tension setting: for modern fashionable rings!
In this setting, the diamond is pressure squeezed between the metal band with no other covering around the gem.
Why people love tension setting rings?
- Creates a futuristic look of diamond suspended in mid-air
- Very fashionable, sleek and contemporary
- Suits both the genders equally
7) Illusion setting: Creates a dreamy, beautiful ring!
These rings give an illusion of bigger diamonds as there is a panel of patterned white metal surrounding it. The ring looks bigger even when the diamonds are smaller in size. It is budget-friendly with a very sparkly effect.
Why choose illusion setting rings?
- For unique design
- Gives more twinkling effect due to edgy metal rim around the gem
8) Cluster setting: for rings with artistic patterns!
Cluster setting engagement rings have a central diamond surrounded by smaller gems that are aligned to form an exquisite pattern. Any pattern like floral design can be formed into a cluster to create an ethereal design.
Why go for cluster setting rings?
- Best for all kinds of custom vintage design
- To impart a timeless character to the jewel
With these basic types of ring settings, you can easily select the best engagement ring for your love. Make sure that you choose a design that pleases your partner’s eyes and heart both. Wishing you luck and love!